The only real difference between a successful online business and a web business that’s struggling to produce a buck could be the availability of an email list in which to stay touch along with your existing customers and to construct a connection with potential customers. But what exactly is the easiest way to produce a successful email marketing campaign?
Using Purchased or Rented Email Lists
You will find always places that you can aquire a huge email list or use the services of a bulk emailer. But you have to consider several things before you decide if that is the better way for you really to go.
1. You can’t guarantee the emails on the list are current and active.
2. What is the deliverability of the services? It doesn’t do worthwhile to send a bulk mailing to 100,000 emails at a high price if the business does not have a high percentage of deliverability, otherwise, your emails will go straight to the spam folder and never be read.
3. Do you know how these email addresses were collected? You have no real solution to verify that the owners of the email addresses even want to receive your email business email lists. Were they opt-in emails or were they simply harvested through the usage of software used to crawl the internet capturing email addresses. If that’s the case, your email would be spam and be contrary to the anti-spam laws in most countries.
4. Are these emails even remotely strongly related your business? How will you guarantee that the email campaign will undoubtedly be delivered to customers that are interested in everything you have to offer? You can only take the service at face value and accept what they are telling you. You have no way of proving the potency of the campaign until after the actual fact and in those days, you’ve already covered the service.
5. If your offer is quite generic, this service may well be for you. If your principal interest is always to just get your offer facing as many people that you can and, centered on averages, make enough sales to make it a profitable venture.
6. There’s a price a part of purchasing or renting email lists. These costs may differ from $300 for 10,000 to $1,000 for 1,000,000 emails or more. If you are confident that the copywriting is quite compelling and your CTR has been extremely high, perhaps the cost outweighs the huge benefits for you. However, nothing is guaranteed. The company can guarantee delivery, but they cannot guarantee results.
Building a Contextual Email List
A contextual email list is obtained, usually through the usage of a lead capture page, by potential customers visiting your website, articles, squeeze page and choosing to opt-in to your email list. This is often as a result of you offering an incentive such as a free information report, consultation or an email mini-course. The lead capture page could have an opt-in form where the customer would input their name and email address. Things to consider when developing a contextual email list.
1. You will have to build a lead capture page or have one designed for you. There are several very affordable squeeze page creator programs available that not require any technical skills to use. The price of the program can be compared to presenting one squeeze page designed for you but the cost remains even less than purchasing or renting a listing and may be used over and over again.
2.The emails in your list would be very targeted and you are assured your subscribers are interested in your offers making the conversion rates much higher than any results you’d get from a hired or purchased email list.
3. With your own opt-in list, you have the opportunity to construct a connection along with your potential customers. This creates trust and facilitates future sales. It’s often necessary to possess experience of a possible client 5-7 times before they will buy. A one-time mailing from a hired list doesn’t permit a relationship.
4. Having a mailing list makes your business more valuable should you ever decide to sell your business. The email listing of existing customers is considered a resource and can triple the resale price of your business.
5. It will take a little work driving traffic to your list, but because the cost is indeed low, you can use that money you’d have used on a hired list to cover PPC advertising. PPC is low cost, targeted advertising that you simply only pay for when someone interested in your offer clicks on the link.
6. With a subscribed list, it afford them the ability to do repeat business. It is always easier to sell to someone who has bought from you before. This makes the expense of future sales lower and increases your profits.
As you will see, there are more advantages, in the long run, to building your own personal contextual email list for more efficient email marketing. There’s a whole lot more to be learned about lead capture and squeeze pages. I enter much increased detail within my website.